viernes, 17 de abril de 2015

Indirect Questions



Introductory phrase + information you need

Introductory phrases:
  • Would you mind…?
  • Is there some chance…?
  • Are you able to…?
  • Do you know…?
  • I was hoping…
  • I was wondering…
  • Do you think…?
  • Would it be possible…?
  • Could you tell me…?
Structure:
Intro phrase + interrogative particle + subject +  aux verb + verb + compl?



Direct question:
Where has the teacher gone?
How old are you?
When will you finish working?
Did she go to the cinema?
What is your telephone number?

Indirect question:
Would you mind telling me where the teacher has gone?
I was wondering how old you are.
Do you think you could tell me when you will finish working?
Could you tell me if you went to the cinema?
Would you mind me asking what your telephone number is?



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario