lunes, 20 de abril de 2015

Reported speech: reporting verbs

REPORTED SPEECH: Reporting Verbs




·  Rewrite the sentences below in reported speech using the introductory verbs.

Advise            refuse            threaten        promise         remind           warn  order  admit             suggest            deny               offer   encouraged  


1.    “I’m not going to wash the dishes!” said Thomas.

2.    “Stop complaining or I’ll leave!” Betty said to him.

3.    “Be careful, that knife is very sharp,” Mum said to us.

4.    “Let’s go to my house for lunch,” she said to us.

5.    “Don’t forget to pay the rent,” Gary said to Bill.

6.    “I think you should apply to this university,” Dad said to me.

7.    “Pick up those clothes,” she said to me.

8.    “Yes, I tore your new blouse,” said Karen.

9.    “I didn’t take your new pen,” said Roger.

1.    “Put your hands on your head!” the policeman said to the thief.

1.    “I’ll cook dinner for you tonight if you like,” Lynn said.

1.     Neil said, “You should come to the party. You’ll really enjoy it.”


Disclaimer: This is not my own piece of work, but it was taken from the following website: http://otvet.mail.ru/question/18850944





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario